Wednesday 26 August 2015

I'M ALREADY TAKEN,YOU SPOKE UP TOO LATE...

I’M ALREADY TAKEN
Great friends have we been since childhood.
Classmates have we been since Primary 2.
You lifted me up whenever I was down.
You stood by me when I really needed support.
Together we went up,
Together we descended.
We were never far apart.
In my mornings you were present.
During my afternoons you were around for lunch.
We enjoyed each other’s company through the evenings
Till we ran short of words.
My message inbox is flooded with your messages.
A ‘Good morning’ message from you was never absent.
At midday, I was sure to receive ‘How has your day been?’ from you,
And at night, ‘Sweet dreams….a 1000 mosquito bites....xoxo’.
We supported Manchester United together
And had mad fun when other EPL teams lost.
 The feeling was exciting!
You were the one who patiently taught me bike-riding.
You aided me in my driving lessons,
And even introduced me to country music.
 The genre of music that I’m currently addicted to.
You’ve become part of me.
You’re virtually a family member
Because your own mother even asks of your whereabouts from me.
We’ve been through thick & thin together.
Together we’ve swam through fire & ice.
We’ve experienced the ‘wows’ & ‘ouchs’ side by side.
Oooh, what a feeling!
It’s been over 7 years since we both turned 18
And I’m amazed you’ve now found your voice & guts
To propose to me after all these years.
It would have been awesome to simply ‘yes’ to your proposal
But I’m really,really sorry, my dear.
Hmmmm…..
It breaks my heart to tell you this
But I think you need to know,
That I’m already taken
You spoke up too late….

13 comments:

  1. hmmmm touching and hurting
    beautiful piece man

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm......it can pain eh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matters of the heart indeed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dextro, ibi ur real life story wey e motivate you??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. o naaa.....ma paddy bi ein story......dem dey call am CHARLES ABASSAH-YANKSON.....He dey Bubuashie......lol

      Delete
  5. Lol, Turkson. Nice one Dextro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thunder go faya Turkson ein left botos....mk u no biz am

      Delete
  6. hhmmmm chaley!
    This be real oh!
    Ah su-werrrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hihihi.......dem take som do u eh?......lol..........next time tok am quickest!

      Delete