Tuesday 14 April 2020

MUGS OR DISPOSABLE CUPS?

No photo description available.



In crucial times like these,businesses and jobs will inevitably be affected.They'll be hit mightily! 

With the exception of 'government workers', whose wages & salaries are to a greater extent, sacred & bound to be paid, the rest of us are at the mercy of our employers. Yes.The Oga at the top.

The sad reality is that,the ships of numerous businesses will begin to sink.Especially around these COVID-19 times. And in such moments, some crew members will ought to be sacrificed at all cost to keep the ship afloat. Yes! Sad,unfortunate but that's the gloomy reality. A few must be thrown into the sea for the greater good of the entire ship. 

And this is where the mega question comes in.
"How crucial/critical are you to the survival of the sinking ship?"

During this lockdown period, let's take a moment to reflect & candidly access ourselves and our skill sets. Ask yourself.
*What is my actual role in the survival of the business entity in which I find myself?
*How critical are my skills & contributions to survival of the company?
*In the worst case scenario,will my employer be willing to sacrifice me for the good of the organization or the other way round?
*If COVID-19 disappears today,am I likely to be called to resume work or I'm likely to be asked to continue to stay at home?
*And should the worst happen,what is/are my backup plans.What escape routes do I have? What side businesses do I have aside where I currently find myself?


Don't be a mere disposable cup in the hands of your employers. Make yourself relevant & essential at all times. Be a mug on their desks. Let them desire you EVERY SINGLE MORNING! 

Thousands make up an organization.But just a handfull are essential.Make yourself relevant!

Don't be a disposable cup.BE A MUG!


#COVID19LockdownThoughts

1 comment: