Thursday 20 August 2015

HELLO,HELLO CUBA, 177 DOCTORS PLEASE

HELLO, HELLO CUBA,
177 DOCTORS PLEASE
Strike, strike & mass resignation.
This is the saltless meal my doctors are serving me
At a time when election is just a whisker away.
Personally, I have no problem with that
Coz I usually seek medical attention abroad.
It is the ordinary Ghanaian voters that suffer.
They need to be alive to re-elect me in the general elections.
That is a must!
I am doing everything possible to get the doctors back to work.
I have branded their strike as ‘illegal & doesn’t make sense’.
My ministers have threatened them in various ways.
My parrot & often clueless party communicators with sharp teeth
Have lambasted & insulted them openly on daily basis.
Others have even leaked confidential documents on social media,
All in an attempt to incite Ghanaian against the doctors,
And make them appear insensitive & heartless.
I believe the doctors deserve favourable conditions of service.
I know ordinary Ghanaians are suffering & dying
As a result of the strike.
I know doctors sacrifice on daily basis to serve this country.
I know some of my presidential staffers are not as qualified
As the doctors are
Yet receive outrageous salaries & work under luxurious conditions.
I know these doctors provide very,very essential services
But,
 I also need to gain massive political points from the whole situation.
I would have loved to quickly negotiate
And resolve this needlessly protracted standoff
But come on, I need to appear tough & rough.
I need to play hard ball with the doctors.
I can’t swallow my pride and give in to their demands
Because my opponents will use it against me during their campaigns.
Ghanaians are suffering, I know.
Ghanaian voters are dying, that’s a worry.
The taxpayers deserve better, I’m aware
But I can’t kowtow to these local doctors’ demands.
It isn’t in the budget
Just like the millions of dollars airlifted to the Blackstars in Brazil.
The party’s interest must reign over the national interest.
I’ll not agree to the demands of these local doctors.
They can do their worst!
I’ll recall retired doctors
And import Spanish-speaking doctors to take over from them.
P.A., Get me the phone
‘Hello,hello, is that Cuba?
This is Ghana
177 non-English-speaking doctors please’.

4 comments:

  1. This country appears cursed.The leaders do not give a damn about their citizens.No serious & reasonable leaders would do something like this....aimless leadership!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am not sure our state council works. If it did, we wont be seeing this.
    So he didn't get anyone to advice him on importing Drs who know nothing about our situations.
    Maybe we need Cuban politicians too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Institutions just don't work in this country...The president is the supreme leader & whatever he says is what it is......This situation could have resolved by now if a simple common sense had been applied earlier on......The Council of State,Parliament & those people who should be advising the president are just there licking his boots & taking fat,fat salaries & bonuses........this country is a mess!

      Delete