Wednesday 18 September 2013

IT WAS MY FIRST TIME


IT WAS MY FIRST TIME
I remember my first time day out of my mum’s womb
It was on August, 1st at 23 hours GMT in a taxi
Everyone around was excited but was expecting me to cry
I never did
A midwife hit me on the buttocks to cry
And weeee …..
I wee-weed on her face with a smile
That was my first smile & wee-wee too
***
 I remember my first day in school
I was just 7 months by then at Mercy Day Care Center
I got to the school with my dad in a sleepy mood
He left me crying in the hands of a pretty lady
The lady told me not to cry and asked what I wanted
I pointed straight to her chest
I wanted the milk stored in the container on her chest
She looked at me in amazement & nodded in disapproval
Well, it wasn’t my fault though
 Because I thought she was my new mum
Besides, my dad never told me the place was called a ‘school’
And that the pretty lady was a ‘teacher’
Don’t blame for that
Because that was my first time in school
***
I remember the first time I received a love letter
It was from a very gorgeous girl back in school
Her sweet name started with the letter ‘E’
I shivered instantly when I had the letter
Out of overexcitement, I couldn’t open the letter up till I got home
I headed straight to the public toilet to read it
That was the only place where I was assured full privacy
I started reading the letter & within some few minutes
I felt something within my shorts resurrecting from its slumber
It took me over an hour to finish reading a one & half-page letter
I read it like a government-approved text book for WAEC exams
By the time I was done reading
My shorts had been soaked in a mysterious substance that felt like starch
I thought the content of the letter had made me sick
Don’t blame me though
It was my first time
***
I remember my first kiss
It was around 10pm behind a blue tailoring shop
She saw people kissing in ‘Acapulco Bay’ so she wanted us to try
She protruded her lips & like a sheep being led to the abattoir
I gladly stretched out mine too
She asked me to close my eyes which I merrily did
I wonder if it was even a kiss since it lasted less than 2 seconds
Our lips touched & in less than 2 seconds
I felt a mighty hand had hooked my shorts
I immediately turned round to find out whom that ‘enemy of progress’ was
And guess who it was….???
It was her father…!!!
Don’t blame for my naivety
Because they were my first time
What were your first times like…???

2 comments:

  1. nice but what about the first time ....... abeg unless you add that part, this poem is not complete.lol

    ReplyDelete